The Foster Family

The Foster Family
Christian and Grace in Mexico a few years ago.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Moving right along....

Things seem to be moving along on the free daycare.  Suzanne and I are keeping each other motivated and excited about the possibilities for this overwhelming endeavor.  We are so excited about how the Board of Directors is shaping up.  So far we have the Executive Director of The Troy Chamber of Commerce, the incoming President of Missouri Baptist College, our Pastor, and a State Representative!!! 

I have been splitting my days into 4 sections for the past week and a half.  The first part of the day is used for cleaning the house.  The second section is for working to get donations for the daycare.  Third comes calling or going to area businesses to ask them to adopt a family for Christmas because I committed to that a couple weeks ago and there are so many families in need this year.  Lastly, I spend the evening with the family, cooking dinner, making sure they bathe, and just being with them.  I know I am so lucky to have them even though I sometimes just crave time to myself. 

Today I had a lot of running to do and didn't get any of the things done from the above mentioned list, but I did have a job interview so hopefully that will work out.  Of course, then my days will be split even further.....  I did get to have lunch with Curt today so that was nice.  I am so tired right now but dishes are calling so I guess my day is still going whether I want it to be over or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment